Which SMARTMASQ model is best for me?
SMARTMASQ offers a variety of different models of masks to fit the unique fit and performance needs of a wide range of sports and movement. Here are some general guidelines to help you with your selection:
- SMARTMASQ I (shown above) & SMARTMASQ II - featuring our patent-pending moveable outer hatch, these models work well for athletes and wearers engaged in activities that require breaks for hydration, intra-workout nutrition, or intermittent periods of unobstructed access to the mouth area. Some examples of the best use of these models include:
- an endurance athlete who needs to hydrate/take nutrition while engaged in activity;
- a referee who needs to briefly announce a call, or;
- a coach who needs to deliver clear instruction.
- Both models feature adjustable ties for wearers to customize the fit of their mask.
- SMARTMASQ Infinity - this light, breathable, mask-in-gaiter model with adjustable ear loops allows for the perfect fit around the wearer's face. Works well for runners, cyclists, and functional fitness athletes who want a light and comfortable option with a simple, uncomplicated design.
- SMARTMASQ Swift - as the mask with the most customizable fit in the SMARTMASQ collection, Swift gives wearers the freedom to completely control the fit of their mask with two levels of ties to secure the top and bottom portions of the facial covering. Ideal for wearers who have difficulty finding a mask that fits or have struggled with fit and mask shape issues, Swift works especially well for athletes engaged in explosive bursts of movement like olympic weightlifting or sprinting where there is minimal need/opportunity to adjust a mask mid-workout/movement.
- SMARTMASQ Lite - a simple, comfortable, and breathable mask soft ear loops ideal for everyday wear. Lite comes in one size and is designed to be a convenient, yet breathable mask that can be worn casually or while engaging in light physical activities such as walking.
What size should I buy?
Sizing guide: Measure from the highest point of your nose to the middle of your ear. Depending on how tightly or loosely you want your mask to fit, the following are recommendations for your choice of sizing.
|FIT 1 (S/M)||Recommended for measurements up to 6.0in/15.24cm|
|FIT 2 (L)||Recommended for measurements over 6.0in/15.24cm|
Note that most SMARTMASQs are designed to be adjusted to each wearer's fit preferences, except for SMARTMASQ Lite, which is available in one size.
How should my mask fit?
Athletes and everyday movers have diverse fit preferences for their sports. It depends on how you like your mask to fit.
- If you like for your mask to sit tightly against your face with minimal gapping or movement, you can adjust most SMARTMASQs to fit tightly over both your nose and under your chin. This is ideal for sports where there is a lot of movement where you would want your mask to fit in such a way that reduces friction against your skin. Note that SMARTMASQ Models I & II are designed to fit slightly more tightly.
- If you like a looser fit, you can loosen most SMARTMASQs to fit your preference. The SMARTMASQ Infinity and SMARTMASQ Swift will give you the most flexibility to adjust your fit.
How often should I wash my mask?
As recommended by the CDC, masks should be washed regularly. We recommend hand washing your mask in cool water with mild soap. Lay flat to dry to maintain shape.
What is the recommended age for using SMARTMASQ?
SMARTMASQs are intended for use by healthy individuals over the age of 12 for daily wear and/or while engaging in physical activity who do not have difficulty breathing. Not to be placed on individuals who are unable to remove their mask without assistance. If you experience difficulty breathing, dizziness, discomfort, or any other adverse symptoms, remove the mask and seek medical attention immediately. Product features a copper-infused fabric. Not recommended for individuals with sensitivities to copper.
If you have any additional questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com!